Thursday, May 27, 2010

Song of the Day: Hiccups and Jodis

This song was in my head when I woke up this morning ... gorgeous song, but I wish they had thought up better lyrics than "hi-hi-hi-hi-hitchiki lagi" for such a pretty melody ... but this song "Aaj Subah Jab Mein Jagah" from Aag aur Shola (1985) is gorgeous and I was at the height of my Sridevi worship when it released.



Also I was thinking today that some jodis just capture you and it FEELS right when you see them together, they just have that natural chemistry ... the following come to mind:

- Amitabh & Rekha



- Sridevi & Jeetendra

- Dharmendra & Hema Malini

- SRK & Kajol

- Rishi Kapoor & Tina Munim (I KNOW, Neetu, I love her too, but I loved this pair)

- Anil Kapoor & Madhuri Dixit

- Aamir Khan & Juhi Chawla

- Dilip Kumar & Vyjanthimala (Yes, I know, Madhubala, but I found this more fun, and I liked Madhubala with Kishore Kumar, like in Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi)


- Raj Kapoor & Nargis

- Rajesh Khanna & Mumtaz (I know, Sharmila Tagore, but I really love him w/ Mumtaz)


And then of course there's the lesser known jodis, like:

- Alok Nath & Reema Lagoo - who wouldn't want them as parents?
- Akshay Kumar & Saif Ali Khan
- Salman Khan & Govinda
- Abhishek Bachchan & John Abraham
- Amitabh Bachchan & Shashi Kapoor

Good times ...Would love to hear other's favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment