Thursday, October 27, 2011

30-Day Bollywood Soundtrack Challenge - Days 6-10

The 30-Day Bollywood Soundtrack Challenge is a little game I found on Facebook where for each day you are supposed to list a song that fits a certain category for you. It's fun because it's personal but also makes you think about and remember certain songs.

BollyBloggers like Beth Loves Bollywood, ApunBindaas, Totally Filmi and Dolce and Namak have all been listing their favorites on their blogs or twitter too - be sure to check out their choices!

Here's more of my 30-Day Bollywood Soundtrack Challenge ... enjoy!


Day 6 - A song you can chill to:

Okay, so this one is admittedly a remix, but I love it! My choice for best song to chill to is "Dil Kya Kare" from Julie (1975)




Day 7 - A song you like dancing to:

My sister actually choreographed the "Spirit of Rangeela" music from Rangeela (1995) back in our college days ... in Bharata Natyam, not the red spandex dance style Urmila does here. But I love the upbeat, funky music combined with totally traditional classical dance moves - it really works somehow.




Day 8 - Favorite item number:

Now I love Munni and Sheila and all, but when it comes to item numbers, no one can beat Helen. My favorite is definitely "Piya Tu Ab To Aaja" from Caravan (1971). As my bestie @jb0413 says, it doesn't get any better than a song with a giant birdcage and slide in it.




Day 9 - Favorite song from a Yash Raj movie:

It's hard to choose because I think the most epically romantic songs are all from Yash Raj movies ... but I think I'd have to go with "Nila Aasmaan" from Silsila (1981). Amitabh's voice is just soooo smooth.




Day 10 - Favorite song that is often played at Indian weddings:

Without a doubt, it's "Jhoote Dedo Paise Lelo" from Hum Aapke Hai Koun (1994). Not only is it fun and cute, but it has a specific purpose in Indian weddings -- I've been to so many weddings where they play this song as the bride's side and the groom's side fight & negotiate over the shoes (including one that turned into a full out CHASE on a hillside with people throwing the shoe like a football).



My song choices for Days 11-15 will be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment