Friday, October 28, 2011

30-Day Bollywood Soundtrack Challenge - Days 11-15

It's time for more of the 30-Day Bollywood Soundtrack Challenge ... a fun way to share meaningful songs and your own personal memories with them!

Here are my picks for Days 11-15:

Day 11 - A song that can potentially be used as a chat-up line:

"Aati Kya Khandala" from Ghulam (1998) is my unequivocal pick for this one. I totally LOVE Tapori!Aamir, and when this song came out ALL the 'Roadside Romeos were singing it.



Day 12 - A song to express matters from the heart:

"Main Shayar To Nahin" from Bobby (1973) was the first song that came to mind that fits this category. I love the way that instant, innocent puppy love-at-first-sight Raj feels for Bobby brings out so much raw emotion in him.



Day 13 - A song to express a broken heart:

I have a lot of favorite 'Dard Bhare Geet' songs ... I sometimes like to put them on when I'm cutting onions so I can attempt to do the 'single pretty tear' like Rani Mukherjee. "Ya Rabba" from Salaam-E-Ishq (2007) is my favorite song to listen to when I'm in a melancholy mood.



Day 14 - Your favorite song or the closest thing to it:

"Tujh Mein Kya Hai Deewane" from Bade Dil Wala (1982) was my absolute favorite song when I was six years old. I STILL love it and have it on my iPod, and listen to it pretty often, so I'd say that's the closest thing to an all-time favorite song I've got.



Day 15 - An English song that has been covered by Bollywood:

There are SO many songs in this category, and there's a lot that I love regardless of how ridiculously they've been copied (cough cough, "Oye Oye"). "Aate Jaate" from Maine Pyar Kiya (1989) is sort of iconic for Hindi Film fans, but everyone knows (and doesn't care) that it's shamelessly lifted from "I Just Called To Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder.


Stay tuned for Days 16-20!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love Aati Kya Khandala!
    It was also used as... well, not a pick-up line, but something related, by Amitabh in K3G.
    I can listen to it all the time.

    ReplyDelete