This song was in my head when I woke up this morning ... gorgeous song, but I wish they had thought up better lyrics than "hi-hi-hi-hi-hitchiki lagi" for such a pretty melody ... but this song "Aaj Subah Jab Mein Jagah" from Aag aur Shola (1985) is gorgeous and I was at the height of my Sridevi worship when it released.
Also I was thinking today that some jodis just capture you and it FEELS right when you see them together, they just have that natural chemistry ... the following come to mind:
- Amitabh & Rekha
- Sridevi & Jeetendra
- Dharmendra & Hema Malini
- SRK & Kajol
- Rishi Kapoor & Tina Munim (I KNOW, Neetu, I love her too, but I loved this pair)
- Anil Kapoor & Madhuri Dixit
- Aamir Khan & Juhi Chawla
- Dilip Kumar & Vyjanthimala (Yes, I know, Madhubala, but I found this more fun, and I liked Madhubala with Kishore Kumar, like in Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi)
- Raj Kapoor & Nargis
- Rajesh Khanna & Mumtaz (I know, Sharmila Tagore, but I really love him w/ Mumtaz)
And then of course there's the lesser known jodis, like:
- Alok Nath & Reema Lagoo - who wouldn't want them as parents?
- Akshay Kumar & Saif Ali Khan
- Salman Khan & Govinda
- Abhishek Bachchan & John Abraham
- Amitabh Bachchan & Shashi Kapoor
Good times ...Would love to hear other's favorites!