Friday, June 11, 2010

Song of the Day: Oui Oui Oui Oui Oui Oui Oui ...

I am a HUGE Sridevi fan, always have been, always will. Love this lady and thinks she has put up with more crap than anyone in the industry. I don't think anyone has been forced into sillier, uglier, weirder costumes, made to do such awkward steps, forced to romance uglier OLD men, etc. than this woman. And yet she always did it all with total conviction. I always wondered how she did some of those moves with a straight face. And she is amazing at comedy ... movies like Chaalbaaz, Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja and this one come to mind ... everyone talked about her Charlie Chaplin scene for ages!

I found a tape recently of an EPIC antakshari game my sisters, friends and I played one night in 1997 where we were going till 5 a.m. - and that was what reminded me of this song ... classic Sridevi from Mr. India!!!!

Cheeeeeeee hua .... hua ... Honolulu ... Lulululu ... Honolulu ... Hing piki ... Hong Kong ... King Kong ... I see Lucy ... You see Lucy ... Hasi thusi ... Lassi pissi ... Mombasa Ping Poooooooong ...

You can't NOT love lyrics like that.

Here's Sridevi shining in "Hawa Hawaii" from Mr. India (1987)

No comments:

Post a Comment